As you may recall, your chakras are energy vortexes throughout your body, which also appear to those who can see them as spinning wheels, like funnels, beginning from the base of your spine, and ending at the crown of your head. We begin at the First Chakra, or Root Chakra as it is the most physical; as we go through the chakras from bottom to top we go from more physical to more spiritual. The Root Chakra is the most physical of our chakras, and it vibrates at the lowest frequency.
The First, or Root Chakra, is also known in Sanskrit as Muladhara. Muladhara is the chakra that draws down spritual energy and causes it to assume a physical existence. It is like the negative pole in an electrical circuit, which provides the potential for the manifestation of form.
Location: Base of spine, between genital area and rectum
Musical note: C
Symbol for Muladhara has four petals which match the tendencies for greatest joy, natural pleasure, delight in controlling passion, and blissfulness in concentration.
Root Chakra corresponds with:
- Basic survival
- Material needs, including wealth, prosperity and abundance
- Spinal column and base of spine
- Immune system
- Feeling “grounded” and connected in life
- Physical energy
Signs of Root Chakra imbalance include:
- Feeling disconnected and/or ungrounded; unsettled
- Lower back pain, herniated discs and spinal issues
- Osteoporosis and other bone and skeleton disorders
- Lack of energy; chronic fatigue; CFS
- Inability to manifest material abundance into one’s life
- Feeling of unimportance or insignificance regarding having basic needs met
- Feeling unsupported in life
- Auto-immune disorders; frequent illness; fibromyalgia; general poor health
- Heavy metal poisoning and toxicity
- Living in the past; inability to “let go” of people, places, things and times past, including hording
- Job-related stress
- Lack of career direction and focus
- Aggressive behavior and violence
- Unwarranted fear of famine
- Insufficient minerals in body
- Eating disorders and/or malnourishment
- Colon disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, Chrohn’s Disease and colon cancer
- Recklessness and carelessness
- Obesity and overweight
- Shame and guilt
Signs that Root Chakra is in balance include:
- Good health
- Abundant energy
- Material prosperity
- Happiness in job/career
- Proper body weight, physically fit
- General sense of well being and satisfaction with life
- Feeling grounded and settled
- Ease of letting things go that are no longer needed
- Feeling of security and safety
- Ease of acknowledgment and acceptance of basic needs
- Regularity (no diarrhea or constipation)
Ways to help balance your Root Chakra include:
- Visualizing or wearing the color red
- Red ball of light meditation – simply visualize a glowing red ball in meditation
- EFT/TFT meridian tapping
- Listening to musical note C
- Walking barefoot in the grass
- Adding ionic minerals to your nutrients
- Exercising – including sex
- Getting and giving massages – including foot massages! Ahhh, even the thought of that one has you feeling better, doesn’t it! 🙂
- Including a daily blessing for the Earth in your prayers, giving love, praise, and thanks for all that the Earth provides for you.
- Blessing the food that you eat, and appreciating the nourishment provided for you.
To balance the chakra, it’s important to know that it’s just as necessary to clear any negative energy that is causing the blockage before strengthening the energy.
Root Chakra Exercise
Take a moment to ground yourself:
Focus on your root (tailbone area) and look at this picture for a minute without a thought in your mind – simply feel the presence of your root, the energy flowing through your root, down your legs, feel the love and support between your feet and the earth as you focus your eyes on the picture. Feel your pulse throughout your body as you look at the graphic. Very grounding, and energizes the Root Chakra.
I am perfect health.