So you’re trying to develop your psychic abilities, but find yourself feeling frustrated because it’s just not working out. No matter what you do, it seems like your intuitive side is just not responding. You feel like your dragging your feet, wheels just spinning, and you’re wondering why other people seem to be able to tap into their abilities, but all you get is a whole lot of nothing. What’s going on? You wonder if there’s something wrong with you, and it can even lead to feelings of unworthiness and depression.
First of all, you should know that you’re not alone. This happens even to the most experienced intuitives. And there’s nothing wrong with you. The flow is always there… sometimes though, it’s just blocked – like a dam holding back a mighty river. There are a million or more reasons why you might be having trouble with your psychic abilities. In this post, you’ll be learning about seven possible reasons why your psychic abilities may not be working for you.
1. You were never taught to nurture your imagination as a child, and what you did see as a child was dismissed. This may be the most common reason of all, why you may be having trouble with your psychic abilities now. Children are inherently intuitive. But most of us are not taught that our imaginations are actually real and important, but rather, we tend to hear “oh that’s just your imagination, sweetheart, it’s not real.” We’re taught to “color inside the lines” rather than to express what we actually see – which is plenty that is outside the lines. Sometimes we’re even belittled or punished by authority figures such as parents and teachers, or even picked on or bullied by other little kids, for our expression of what we see and hear and feel and taste and smell that are beyond this physical reality… so we turn off our sensors. This becomes our early life programming, and we don’t know how to turn our sensors back on.
2. You had a psychic experience as a young child that frightened you. This is another common reason why a young child will turn off his or her psychic abilities – out of fear and the need to protect himself or herself from further scary psychic experiences.
3. You have fluoride in your drinking water. Seriously!?! Fluoride can hamper your psychic abilities? You betcha! How can this be? Well… it’s like this. Your psychic abilities are governed by your third eye chakra. Your third eye chakra correlates to your pineal gland in your endocrine system. When there is a blockage in your third eye chakra, it can affect your pineal gland, and vice versa, when your pineal gland is not physically functioning properly, it can cause a blockage in your third eye chakra. If your third eye chakra has a blockage, that can seriously interfere with your psychic abilities – your intuition. So what does fluoride have to do with your pineal gland? I’m so glad you asked!'Fluoride is likely to cause decreased melatonin production' Click To Tweet
“Fluoride is likely to cause decreased melatonin production and to have other effects on normal pineal function, which in turn could contribute to a variety of effects in humans.” ~National Research Council 2006
Here is a picture showing a human pineal gland damaged by sodium fluoride (the kind we’re actually charged money for having dumped in our drinking water supply here in the US, despite fluoridation having been banned in much of the rest of the world):
If you suspect that fluoridated water is the culprit behind your psychic abilities not working for you – perhaps, for example, you recently moved from a home with well water to a home without a well and on public water, and your psychic abilities began to slow down shortly thereafter – then there are ways for you to detoxify and decalcify your pineal gland, including using a synergistic blend of Life Crystals and fulvic acid concentrate called Pineal, and also consider installing a reverse osmosis water filter under your sink to filter out the fluoride and other harmful substances from your home’s water supply.
4. You may have been taught that psychics were evil and would be punished by God. You may have an underlying belief – whether you’re conscious of the belief or it’s an unconscious/subconscious belief or filter – that if you’re psychic, you’ll go to hell. If this resonates with you as being one of your subconscious filters, don’t be afraid to address it. Ask God (Source, Creator – however you feel comfortable with addressing the Divine) for the Truth about this, and then meditate on it. The answers will be made known to you.
5. Perhaps you’re bothered by the term “psychic” – you don’t like the depiction of the fortune teller with the crystal ball, doing all those “woo-woo” things that other people laugh at, and you’re afraid of what other people are going to think of you. If this is the case with you, perhaps it’s time to stop caring quite so much about what other people think of you.
6. You’re burned out. You have adrenal fatigue, and this has caused a hormone imbalance in your body, which affects your pineal gland, which is part of your endocrine system that is affected by adrenal fatigue. Your psychic abilities can be greatly hampered by hormonal imbalances! What may have previously been a flood of intuitive visions, guidance, and clairsentience can easily be temporarily “turned off” until you recharge. It’s time for you to start eating right, get to sleep on time and get enough sleep each night, start meditating for at least five minutes every day, and work with an endocrine and nutrition specialist to heal your adrenals and re-balance your hormones.
7. You’re afraid of what you might learn about someone you love, so you subconsciously keep your sensors blocked so as not to see what you’re afraid to see about someone else or even yourself. You’re afraid to see what you don’t want to see… so you keep yourself psychically blind to it, with an “ignorance is bliss” underlying subconscious filter. The key, in this case, is to learn how to let go of your emotional attachment to outcome.
Be Gentle and Compassionate with Yourself While Working on Your Psychic Abilities
There are, of course, many other reasons why you may be having trouble with your psychic abilities. But it helps to know that much of it revolves around fear. One affirmation that has helped me tremendously every time I have felt afraid – and continues to help me every day – is one from A Course in Miracles. I share it with you here: God goes with me wherever I go. Think about what that means. If God is with you wherever you go, what is left for fear to consume? The answer, of course, is that there is only Love. And where there is Love, fear cannot be.
Ultimately it’s our own power we’re most afraid of, and it is this that keeps our vision focused through our physical earthly eyes, rather than our spiritual eye. Spend time meditating. Connect with nature, with Earth, as often as you possibly can. Do everything you can to look for and find the joy and peace and love in everyone and in everything. Come from your Heart, and always be moving towards Love… remembering that you are Love. Be patient with yourself, and always speak to yourself with compassion. Many times, what you find is that your intuition has always been there for you – you just didn’t know how to listen.