As you may recall, your chakras are energy vortexes throughout your body, which also appear to those who can see them as spinning wheels, like funnels, beginning from the base of your spine, and ending at the crown of your head. We begin at the First Chakra, or Root Chakra as it is the most physical; as we go through the chakras from bottom to top we go from more physical to more spiritual. The Root Chakra is the most physical of our chakras, and it vibrates at the lowest frequency.
The First, or Root Chakra, is also known in Sanskrit as Muladhara. Muladhara is the chakra that draws down spritual energy and causes it to assume a physical existence. It is like the negative pole in an electrical circuit, which provides the potential for the manifestation of form.
Location: Base of spine, between genital area and rectum
Musical note: C
Symbol for Muladhara has four petals which match the tendencies for greatest joy, natural pleasure, delight in controlling passion, and blissfulness in concentration.
Root Chakra corresponds with:
- Basic survival
- Material needs, including wealth, prosperity and abundance
- Spinal column and base of spine
- Immune system
- Feeling “grounded” and connected in life
- Physical energy
Signs of Root Chakra imbalance include:
- Feeling disconnected and/or ungrounded; unsettled
- Lower back pain, herniated discs and spinal issues
- Osteoporosis and other bone and skeleton disorders
- Lack of energy; chronic fatigue; CFS
- Inability to manifest material abundance into one’s life
- Feeling of unimportance or insignificance regarding having basic needs met
- Feeling unsupported in life
- Auto-immune disorders; frequent illness; fibromyalgia; general poor health
- Heavy metal poisoning and toxicity
- Living in the past; inability to “let go” of people, places, things and times past, including hoarding
- Job-related stress
- Lack of career direction and focus
- Aggressive behavior and violence
- Unwarranted fear of famine
- Insufficient minerals in body
- Eating disorders and/or malnourishment
- Colon disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, Chrohn’s Disease and colon cancer
- Recklessness and carelessness
- Obesity and overweight
- Shame and guilt
Signs that Root Chakra is in balance include:
- Good health
- Abundant energy
- Material prosperity
- Happiness in job/career
- Proper body weight, physically fit
- General sense of well being and satisfaction with life
- Feeling grounded and settled
- Ease of letting things go that are no longer needed
- Feeling of security and safety
- Ease of acknowledgment and acceptance of basic needs
- Regularity (no diarrhea or constipation)
Ways to help balance your Root Chakra include:
- Visualizing or wearing the color red
- Red ball of light meditation – simply visualize a glowing red ball in meditation
- EFT/TFT meridian tapping
- Listening to musical note C or music in the 396 Hz range
- Walking barefoot in the grass
- Adding ionic minerals to your nutrients
- Exercising – including sex
- Getting and giving massages – including foot massages! Ahhh, even the thought of that one has you feeling better, doesn’t it! 🙂
- Including a daily blessing for the Earth in your prayers, giving love, praise, and thanks for all that the Earth provides for you
- Blessing the food that you eat, and appreciating the nourishment provided for you
- Listening to subliminal and/or hypnosis audios to help increase your feeling of safety and being supported in this life
To balance the chakra, it’s important to know that it’s just as necessary to clear any negative energy that is causing the blockage before strengthening the energy.
|ORMUS Oils: Root Chakra ORMUS|
The Root Chakra concerns your core needs for survival, security, and livelihood.
When your Root Chakra is unbalanced, you may feel ungrounded, confused, and lack the ability to move forward. Without a balanced Root Chakra, it is impossible to achieve balance with the other Chakras.
The Root Chakra is located at the base of the spine and its color is red. It has the lowest vibration and is the slowest of wavelength, and so is most closely associated with our physical body and physical energies. The Hindu depiction of this chakra is the four-petalled lotus. Four is the number related to the four elements, the four directions, and the square. Esoterically, four represents the manifested world and incarnation into this space/time. Four also can represent a strong foundation, solidity, and stability, as in four walls, four legs, etc. Accordingly, the Earth Element is associated with the Root Chakra, as well as the Mineral Kingdom, our sense of smell, and the adrenal glands.
The Root Chakra is the Center of Grounding – our connection to Earth energies. It rules our survival consciousness and represents our deepest unconscious and most primitive/animal self. It also governs our physical energy and vitality, survival, basic instincts, our feelings of security and safety, familial beliefs, heredity, jobs, money, and our home. The Root Chakra is also the basis of our masculine and feminine energies. It represents our masculine will and the male sexual organs as well as the feminine energy of the Goddess Kundalini. Therefore, a man can learn to integrate his feminine power and a woman can learn to integrate her masculine power through the clearing and opening of this chakra.
When the Root Chakra energy is in balance, you are centered, grounded, healthy and vibrant, with unlimited physical energy. You love your body and love to use it and take care of it. You feel secure in your life and display not only good common sense, but you have the ability to easily manifest abundance. If your Root Chakra is out of balance with excessive energy, you may be domineering, greedy, sadistic, and judgmental with strong biased opinions. If this chakra is blocked, you may lack confidence, have low energy, be spacey, be unable to manifest and achieve goals, feel unworthy, unloved, fearful, and insecure. A deficit of energy through the Root Chakra may also manifest as addictions to food, drugs, or material possessions, low immunity, and pain in the lower back, legs, and feet.
In addition to the chakra clearing and balancing meditation, there are several ways that you can focus your energy and intention on balancing and clearing the Root Chakra. Connect with Earth Energy: walk outside barefoot, spend time in nature, hug a tree, work in the soil, garden. Also, enjoy your physical body – engage in physical activity and be present now – experience your body using your physical senses. Eat root vegetables. Immerse your sense of smell in the scents of patchouli, cedarwood, sandalwood, musk. Surround yourself with gems that vibrate at the same level as the Root Chakra – ruby, garnet, bloodstone, red jasper, black tourmaline, obsidian, and hematite (my personal favorite for grounding!). Know that you are more powerful than you can even begin to imagine, you are Spirit in Matter, and like the Tree, when you are firmly grounded in the Earth, you are free to reach far into the sky.
Base of grapeseed oil, a light oil that is naturally high in ORMUS, and then are enhanced with ORMUS through alchemical processes.
The specific essential oil blends are then added to create focused ORMUS Oils with that extra level of intention and resonance to balance and clear the Chakra.
Root Chakra Essential Oil Blend:
Directions for Use
Anoint the area of the corresponding chakra with 1-3 drops of the appropriate Chakra ORMUS Oil or Lotion, while doing the “Chakra Balancing and Clearing Meditation”.
To balance your Root Chakra that concerns your core needs for survival, security, and livelihood.
Click here to buy for yourself or a gift for someone you love
Root Chakra Exercise
Take a moment to ground yourself:
Focus on your root (tailbone area) and look at this picture for a minute without a thought in your mind – simply feel the presence of your root, the energy flowing through your root, down your legs, feel the love and support between your feet and the earth as you focus your eyes on the picture. Feel your pulse throughout your body as you look at the graphic. Very grounding, and energizes the Root Chakra.
I am perfect health.