Have you ever felt powerless to change any particular situation in your life? Ever felt “singled out and picked on” by somebody else? Do you sometimes feel like a victim? Do you often feel that you have so much to offer in yourself, but scared to let yourself shine? How about feeling happy with what you do in life as expressing your special gift? These are some feelings and behaviors that are associated with having a blocked Solar Plexus Chakra.
The Third, or Solar Plexus Chakra is also known in Sanskrit as Manipura. It is the third most physical of our chakras, and also vibrates at the third from the lowest frequency of all our main chakras.
The Solar Plexus Chakra also governs our kidneys, liver, digestive system, spiritual growth, and personal expansion.
Location: Halfway between navel and ribcage
Musical note: E
Symbol for Manipura has ten petals which match the vrittis of spiritual ignorance, thirst, jealousy, treachery, shame, fear, disgust, delusion, foolishness and sadness.
Solar Plexus Chakra corresponds with:
- Personal power
- Emotional/personal expansion, including introversion and extroversion
- Digestive system – stomach, intestines, pancreas
- Metabolism – liver and gall bladder
- Adrenals – “fight-or-flight”; adrenal fatigue; cortisol levels
- Fear and anxiety
- Formation of opinions
- Spiritual growth
- Transition of emotions from simple to complex
- Triple burner (related to part of immune system which attacks “invaders”)
- Depression and cheer
- Joy in one’s work, finding purpose in what one does
- Energy levels
Signs of Solar Plexus Chakra imbalance include:
- Fear of shining fully as one’s self
- Lack of self-respect
- Lack of respect for others
- Judgmental; critical of self and/or others
- Low self-esteem
- Lack of confidence
- Big huge ego, full of one’s self beyond reason; arrogance
- Digestive issues
- Candida overgrowth/candidiasis
- Adrenal fatigue, including adrenal disorders such as Addison’s Disease and Cushing’s Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue (including CFS)
- Cortisol-related weight gain
- Being who someone else wants one to be rather than true to one’s self
- Anxiety and chronic stress
- Fear of rejection
- Extreme introversion or shyness
- Extreme extroversion; always seeking approval from others
- Low energy levels or always hyper on the other extreme
- Insulin resistance
- Liver disorders and dysfunction
- Liver-related hormone imbalance
- Complete lack of spirituality
- No interest in personal development; other extreme is inappropriate obsession with it
- Always in the “wrong field” when it comes to career; no pleasure in job/career
- Indecision about career path
- Back pain associated with career indecision
- Kidney disorders
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Chemical sensitivity
- No opinions or other extreme is overly opinionated
- Apathy, indifference; other extreme is “over the top,” fanatical
- Constant fear; fear of known; fear of unknown
- Prone to worrying
- Metabolic issues
- Gall bladder issues
- Diaphragm/trouble breathing deeply
- Difficulty in focusing
- “Foggy brain”
- Fear of taking risks; other extreme is excessive risk taking, “adrenaline junkie”
- “Control freak”
- Inability to relax
- “Victim” mentality
- Bitter anger
- Resentment and jealousy
- Fear of public speaking; stagefright
Signs that Solar Plexus Chakra is in balance include:
- Healthy and easy digestion; no indigestion or gas
- Healthy metabolism
- Healthy self-esteem, without arrogance
- Knows when to take risks
- No unwarranted fear of known or unknown
- Easily takes charge; never a victim
- Relaxes easily
- Easily accepted; no fear of rejection
- No introversion/extroversion extremes; can easily and appropriately choose and behave as either
- No food allergies or sensitivities
- Happy in career or knows what one wants in career, easily moving towards it
- Gets tasks done without procrastination
- Doesn’t worry
- Balanced in all spirituality and personal growth
- Knows how to have fun without need to risk life
- Faithful and trusting
- Not afraid to shine as Self
- Well-adjusted, successful
- Productive, cooperative and flexible
- Able to focus with ease
What you can do to help balance your Solar Plexus Chakra:
Little by little, the illusions of fear, doubt and powerlessness get peeled away, and the REAL You gets to shine through. Feel the joy in that, and become comfortable in your own power. You are extraordinary, and you deserve to shine. There is nobody in the whole world just like you, so let yourself shine for all Creation to see.
Solar Plexus Chakra Exercise
Take a moment to clear and energize your Solar Plexus Chakra.While looking at this image, bring your attention to your solar plexus area in your body. This is located under your sternum, at the top of your belly. Allow yourself to feel your presence there, paying attention to all the sensations.
I AM Power.
I AM Light.
I AM Confidence.
I trust myself.
I shine more brightly than the sun.
I AM happy and content with myself.
I AM comfortable in my own skin.
I AM empowered.
I AM cheerful.
It is easy for me to relax.
I know how to relax, and I know how that feels.
I AM decisive.
I AM accepted.
I release all anger and resentment. I let it go.
I know WHO I AM.
I Love WHO I AM.Breathe into your solar plexus area. Breathe in these affirmations as you say them out loud. Breathe out all fear, anger, resentment, jealousy, rage, hatred, and anxiety. Breathe in Power – Love, Joy, and Peace. Breathe out all darkness. Breathe in confidence. Breathe out cheerfulness and imagine the circulation of that cheer, out to all others, as you have so much to give. As you are empowered, so are all others. Use your True Power to remind those around you of their own True Power.