Your Heart Chakra is all about love. It’s also about balance, equilibrium, and well-being.
The Fourth, or Heart Chakra is also known in Sanskrit as Anahata. It is where body meets Spirit, where yin meets yang, male meets female, and opposites unite. It’s where the ego meets Spirit and Spirit Heals and integrates the ego into Wholeness and unconditional Love.
The Heart Chakra also governs the physical heart, the lymphatic system and circulatory system, the thymus, pericardium, and immune system, lungs, breasts and ribs, upper back, arms and hands.
And the most important lesson we have in life – forgiveness – is also governed by the Heart Chakra.
p style=”text-align: justify;”>Location: Center of chest
Color: Green and Pink
Musical note: F
Symbol for Anahata has twelve petals which match the vrittis of lust, fraud, indecision, repentance, hope, anxiety, longing, impartiality, arrogance, incompetence, discrimination and defiance.
Heart Chakra governs:
- Unconditional Love
- Circulatory System
- Lymphatic System
- Immune System
- Respiratory System
- Upper back/spine
- Arms, hands and fingers
- Chest and breasts
- Decision-making between ego-mind and Spirit Mind (physical vs. spiritual)
- Body/Mind/Spirit connection
- Connection and relationship with others
- Connection and relationship with nature
- Vitamin absorption and utilization
- Equilibrium; Center
- Stress levels
- Acceptance of the past
Signs of Heart Chakra imbalance include:
- “Hard-hearted”; lack of love; conditional love
- Lack of self-love and/or self-respect
- Unable to accept self
- Lack of compassion
- Lung disorders, including cancer, asthma and emphysema; respiratory system disorders
- Heart attacks
- Tachycardia, chest pain, and shortness of breath
- Vascular and circulatory system disorders and dysfunction, including atherosclerosis, arteriosclerosis, and peripheral vascular insufficiency
- Insufficient immune response to foreign invaders (as opposed to auto-immune disorders – overly sufficient immune response, as governed by Solar Plexus Chakra); lack of sufficient T-cell production
- Unable or refusing to forgive
- Chronic stress; no peace
- Unable to absorb or utilize vitamins from foods and/or vitamin supplements
- Lack of faith
- Enlarged heart
- Congestive heart failure
- Mitral valve prolapse
- Grieving; holding onto grief
- Carpal-tunnel and other arm/hand disorders and dysfunction; numbness in arms, hands or fingers
- Unable to give or receive nurturing
- Difficulty with giving and/or receiving love
- Toxicity; lymphatic sluggishness
- Enlarged spleen
- Pain or tension between shoulder blades
- Clingy, overly-needy in matters of love
- Needing constant reassurance
- Punishing of self and others
- Indecisive between heart and head – difficulty in “following one’s heart”
- Breast tenderness
- Feeling self-pity; martyr syndrome
- Intolerant of others
- Naive/too trusting/gullible
- Distrusting of others; critical of others
- Cold; aloof
- Selfish; not self-centered (self-centered is actually a good thing in this context)
- “Ingrate” – never grateful, does not appreciate
- Needing to be perfect; intolerant of any imperfection
- Feeling “not enough”; “not good enough”; codependency
- Feeling unforgiveable
- Feeling unlovable
Signs that the Heart Chakra is in balance include:
- Feeling and showing unconditional love to self and others; loves without any expectations for anything in return
- Easily detects “heart’s desire” and follows heart in complete faith and joy
- Trusting others
- Takes responsibility for self and life; no pity for self; no martyr syndrome
- Not bothered by stress; does not perceive stress
- Loves self completely and has no fear of rejection by others; does not seek reassurance from others
- Love is light, never smothering, clingy or heavy
- Healthy heart, circulatory/vascular system, lymph system, respiratory system, and immune system
- Enjoys spending time outdoors, in nature
- Breathes easily
- Easily assimilates vitamins in diet
- Compassionate towards self and others
- Accepts there is no perfection in Mind or Body; accepts perfection as Self in Spirit
- Balanced in life; balanced and easily integrated in Mind, Body and Spirit
- Habitually grateful and appreciative
- Nurturing of self and others
- Loves nature, animals, Earth
- Self-centered (not the same as selfish); self-accepting; accepting of others
Ways you can help balance your Heart Chakra include:
The most important thing we can do for ourselves is not only to love unconditionally, but also to forgive. Forgiveness is wonderful for the person(s) you forgive, but even more so, it is for you. Forgiving means that you no longer allow the person or situation you have perceived as causing you pain to hold any power over you. Perhaps you cannot forgive a specific person or event – but the part of yourself that you judged as weak and victimized is who needs your forgiveness. Allow yourself to acknowledge and feel the pain without judging or resisting it. Accept it and then integrate it. It happened, and you learned something from it. You’ll find that forgiveness of the person or situation will happen naturally when you can forgive yourself first. Forgiveness is true freedom, and it opens up the Heart Chakra to feel the Love that you truly are. Refusal to forgive energetically blocks your love and manifests in various ways, including serious health problems in your body, so always do your very best to forgive, no matter how hard it may seem, starting with yourself.
ORMUS Oils: Heart Chakra ORMUS
Balance your Heart Chakra that rules your personal relationships and influences our ability to give and receive love in a healthy way.
When the Heart Chakra is unbalanced we may feel isolated and lonely or critical and judgmental of others.
The Heart Chakra is located in the center of the chest, its element is Air, and it rules the heart and lungs. The Heart Chakra is where we integrate our masculine and feminine energy as well as our human self and True Self. Within our Heart Chakra, we can raise our consciousness through the power of love or lower our consciousness through the power of fear. Many cultures think of our Heart Chakra as the Seat of our Soul. We have a lower Heart Chakra, whose color is green, and a higher Heart Chakra, whose color is pink. The Higher Heart Chakra rules unconditional love for all, and the Lower Heart Chakra rules human love. Therefore, the Heart Chakra rules all of our relationships, our perception of love, and our ability to give and receive it, with others and with ourselves and with our Higher Self. Ultimately, the primary focus of the Heart Chakra is to balance Wisdom, Power, and Love, in our relationships and in our actions.
When the Heart chakra is clear and in balance, we have compassion for all life, we are empathic, and we can see the Divine in other people. We are humanitarian and nurturing, and we can express and receive abundant love. We are happy and fulfilled because we are fulfilling our Divine Purpose in service to humanity. Our sense of self is not limited to the ego, our consciousness is expanded, and we realize that to love others is to love ourselves, because we are all one.
When the Heart Chakra is unbalanced with excessive energy, we may feel critical and judgmental of others. We may be demanding, moody, possessive, melodramatic, and manipulative. If the Heart Chakra is blocked, we may feel joyless and bitter with life, closed emotionally, unable to express love or to receive it from ourselves or others. We may feel isolated, unfulfilled, and uncertain of our role in this world, because we are cut off from the Wisdom, Love, and Power of our Higher Self. We may act from a place of fear, and not from love.
In addition to the chakra clearing and balancing meditation, there are several ways that you can focus your energy and intention on balancing and clearing the Heart Chakra. Utilize the mineral wisdom of emerald, green and pink tourmaline, jade, malachite, green adventurine, and rose quartz. Since the Heart Chakra rules the sense of touch, indulge in a massage, give yourself or someone else a hug, hold someone’s hand. Meditate on a loving pink light entering your heart, bathing it in love, and then radiating back out to spread throughout the world. Practice pranayama. Find a way to give freely of yourself in service to others by doing some volunteer work. Write down ten things that you are grateful for right now.
Our human love can often be filled with negativity, fear, hatred and cruelty. However, if we can function from our Higher Heart, our love is Unconditional and we are accepting and free of judgment. It is the challenge of our hearts to connect with and receive the love of our Higher Self so that we can heal the harm that others have done to us. Then, from the heart space of healing and self-love, we can love others as well.
Base of grapeseed oil, a light oil that is naturally high in ORMUS, and then are enhanced with ORMUS through alchemical processes.
The specific essential oil blends are then added to create focused ORMUS Oils with that extra level of intention and resonance to balance and clear the Chakra.
Heart Chakra Essential Oil Blend:
rose, ylang ylang, roman chamomile, lavender, sandalwood.
Directions for Use
Anoint the area of the corresponding chakra with 1-3 drops of the appropriate Chakra ORMUS Oil or Lotion, while doing the “Chakra Balancing and Clearing Meditation”.
You can anoint all seven chakras at once according to the meditation provided or, if you feel particularly unbalanced in one chakra, you can just concentrate on balancing and clearing that one chakra for as long as needed using either the oil or lotion.
To balance your Heart Chakra that rules your personal relationships and influences our ability to give and receive love in a healthy way.
Heart Chakra Exercise
Take a moment to clear and energize your Heart Chakra.
While looking at this image, bring your attention to your heart area in your body. This is located under your breastbone, center of your chest. Allow yourself to feel your presence there, paying attention to all the sensations.
I AM Love. The Love of God/Source/Spirit/Creator flows through me.
Breathe into your Heart area. Breathe in these affirmations as you say them out loud. Breathe out all shame and all ideas that there’s something wrong with you. Breathe in God – Love, Joy, and Peace. Breathe out all darkness and anger and all ideas that you are somehow imperfect. Breathe in Forgiveness. Breathe out Forgiveness and Acceptance and imagine the circulation of that Forgiveness and Acceptance, out to all others, as it is YOURS to give. As you are forgiven, so are all others. Use your Love and Light to remind those around you of their own Divinity.